sheljenk

sheljenk

Lady Sophia's Rescue (Traditional Regency Romance Novella)
Cheryl Bolen
The Temptation of Your Touch
Teresa Medeiros
Maid Marian
Thomas Love Peacock
The Importance of Being Earnest
Oscar Wilde
Wuthering Heights: Authoritative Text, Backgrounds, Criticism (Critical Editions)
Emily Brontë, William M. Sale

Love Letters of Great Men

Love Letters of Great Men - Man, oh Man! They don't write letters like that any more! It was very touching to read the personal love letters of famous men throughout history. Seeing these intimate sides gave me a more, well-rounded view of their characters. It was weird to see them as just normal people with the same feelings of mortals, I guess. Bonaparte could terrorize Europe but at the same time was begging his wife to show him some affection. He wrote: I do not love thee any more; on the contrary, I detest thee. Thou art horrid, very awkward, very stupid, a very Cinderella. Thou dost not write me at all, thou dost not love thy husband; thou knowest the pleasure that thy letters afford him, and thou dost not write him six lines of even haphazard scribble...In truth, I am anxious, my good amie, at not receiving your news; write me quickly four pages, and say those amiable things which fill my heart with sentiment and pleasure. I hope before long to press you in my arms and shall shower you a million burning kisses as under the Equator. I loved the letter from Nathaniel Hawthorne who wrote to his wife because he was upset by a dream where she left him for another man and wrote: I only know that my heart suddenly broke loose, and I began to expostulate with thee in an infinite agony, in the midst of which I awoke. But the sense of unspeakable injury and outrage hung about me for a long time, and even yet it has not quite departed. I can identify with that.I loved the book and recommend it highly.